Newbie firing pin questions

Discuss Any Issues With Your Bodyguard 380 ---Hopefully There Will be Very Few Post Here!!

Newbie firing pin questions

Postby Tommypilot » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:05 pm

Hello all,

My girlfriend recently got a bodyguard 380 as her primary carry gun. She only has 100 round at most through it, so it's not even broken in yet. We haven't had any problems at all with the gun (no laser) she carries hornady American gunner 90g xtp rounds, and practices with Winchester white box. I've heard about all the problems these guns are having and how high the defect rate is. Most of the issues seem to be little more than annoyances and can be worked around, but the light primer strikes are, in my opinion, a definite problem in a carry gun, even one with double strike capability. Again my opinion. SO my question is, does someone make a stronger spring or otherwise have a aftermarket fix for this? Or is there one type of carry ammo it seems to always go bang with?

Thanks for the help! I'm relatively new to smiths, as this is our first one.
Tommypilot

Re: Newbie firing pin questions

Postby 14831546 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:52 pm

My BG380 is slightly less than two years old and I've never had any problems with light primer strikes. My suggestion is to keep practicing at the range with both the Winchester "White Box" and the carry ammo and see if there are any problems. Practice is always a good thing, and this will also determine if her gun does have a problem with light strikes or not:

Return to Issues/Problems With Your Bodyguard 380