Desantis Sof-Tuk IWB for Bodyguard 380?

Discuss holsters, conceal carry, etc.

Desantis Sof-Tuk IWB for Bodyguard 380?

Postby TenaciousG » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:47 pm

Anybody seen this? Looks interesting. Check out the PDF where it is adjustable as well. Anybody have this?

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SE ... _of_cw9-k9
TenaciousG

Re: Desantis Sof-Tuk IWB for Bodyguard 380?

Postby xzhync » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:38 pm

I just purchased one of these holsters for my bodyguard 380. I like it pretty well. The clip is pretty tight. The j-hook at the bottom barely goes around my belt. I have "somewhat thick" belt (maybe 3/16" thick) and the j-hook barely fits it. My belts are 1 1/2" wide. The clip on this holster can accomodate up to 1 3/4" I believe. The holster seems to be a pretty good fit for the bodyguard. In the literature it says you can adjust it for cross-draw. With mine, I would have to file the slot further to get it to go that far. At best I can only move the holster to a straight up-down position for appendix carry. I prefer strong-side (around 4 o'clock) anyway, so this holster is fine for that. The holster is small enough to fit in a pocket if you need it to.
xzhync

Postby Rax » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:57 pm

I have one of these for sale. Tried it on for 5 minutes and didn't like the IWB feel. I prefer my Billy McCabe OWB holster ( http://www.mccabescustomleather.com ).
If anybody is interested in my DeSantis Sof-Tuck #106 (item # 106NAU7Z0), just sent me a private message and we'll work it out through PayPal. DeSantis is out of stock on these.
I'll sell mine for $18 + $5 shipping using Priority Mail USPS. I'll ship it either the same day or next day (except Sunday).
The BG380 fits great in the holster.
Attachments
Desantis_2_compressed.jpg
Desantis_2_compressed.jpg (63.64 KiB) Viewed 4998 times
DeSantis_1_compressed.jpg
DeSantis_1_compressed.jpg (49.39 KiB) Viewed 4998 times
Rax

Postby gacajun » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:51 pm

Sent PM about buying the holster
gacajun

Postby K-Man » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:23 am

TenaciousG:

You do not want a holster that's made from suede, like these are. The suede leather wreaks havoc on the finish of your gun.
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)
K-Man

Postby Rax » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:00 pm

How on earth is suede going to harm Stainless Steel with a Melonite Finish or a polymer grip/frame?
You could probably leave the bg380 out in the snow all winter every winter and it would look like new.
Do you have any documentation that shows the effects of suede on metals and polymers?
Rax

Postby K-Man » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Rax wrote:How on earth is suede going to harm Stainless Steel with a Melonite Finish or a polymer grip/frame?
You could probably leave the bg380 out in the snow all winter every winter and it would look like new.
Do you have any documentation that shows the effects of suede on metals and polymers?

My job is making holsters from leather, which I have been doing for a number of years. That means I have to know what leather does and how it acts based on the processes I and the tannery use. The suede leather harms the metal portion of the frame based on the tanning processes used to make it. In addition, suede leathers retain grit and moisture within their fibers for a much greater period of time. This in turn interacts with the metal. In addition, I have personally seen suede leather remove the finish off a gun.

If you want to leave your BG out in the snow all winter long, please feel free to do so.
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)
K-Man

Postby tnharley » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:42 pm

K-Man, at one time I thought you were coming out with a line of holsters for the BG380. Any updates you can share at this time?
tnharley

Postby tnharley » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:57 pm

K-Man wrote:TenaciousG:
You do not want a holster that's made from suede, like these are. The suede leather wreaks havoc on the finish of your gun.

BTW, from the pics it appears that the holster is just unfinished leather on the outside and inside. It looks about what the inside of a lot of holsters looks like, but I am no expert so educate us. Learning makes us wiser in the future.
tnharley

Postby K-Man » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:11 am

tnharley wrote:K-Man, at one time I thought you were coming out with a line of holsters for the BG380. Any updates you can share at this time?

Any of our pocket holsters are available for the BG. We also have a couple of IWB/OWB styles available. The Custom Belt Defender on our website (pocket holster page) is being redesigned. The clips are for the specific belt size, none of this "one size fits all" you see offered by others. The CBD is most often made to be worn as an IWB holster. I also offer an OWB style, which slides onto the belt. The prices range from $37.50 - $50.00, dependent on the model chosen. I only use Hermann Oak leather, which is considered the best leather from which to make holsters.
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)
K-Man

Next

Return to Carry Options